Russian Government Scholarships
The Russian Government scholarships are making available scholarships for South African students to study at Russian institutions from the academic year 2016/17.
These scholarships are for undergraduate (Bachelors) or postgraduate (Masters or PhD) studies. Preference is given to postgraduate applications.
Bursaries Available 2016/2017
Natural and physical sciences
Nuclear and renewable energy
Space science and technology
Who Can Apply for Russian Government Scholarships?
– Be a South African citizens in good health with a strong academic record.
– Be available to study in Russia from September 2016 (no extensions will be allowed).
– You must demonstrated interest in Russia and commitment to the development of South Africa.
– Applications from all qualified candidates in any field will be accepted, but priority will be given to applications for postgraduate studies, previously disadvantaged applicants and applicants in the
– All students must meet the minimum academic requirements for entry into a similar programme at a South African university.
Guidelines for education achievements:
Doctoral degree – Hold a university degree (minimum Master’s degree)
Master’s degree – Bachelor’s degree (honours) (a minimum of 65% average in prior studies is recommended)
Bachelor’s degree – National Senior Certificate (or equivalent) with a university entrance (a minimum of 60% average is recommended)
How To Apply?
In order to apply for these scholarships, please visit the DHET website for more details.