Russian Government Scholarships
The Russian Government scholarships are making available scholarships for South African students to study at Russian institutions from the academic year 2017.
These scholarships are for undergraduate (Bachelors) or postgraduate (Masters or PhD) studies. Preference is given to postgraduate applications.
Bursaries Available 2017
Natural and physical sciences
Nuclear and renewable energy
Space science and technology
Who Can Apply for Russian Government Scholarships?
– Be a South African citizens in good health with a strong academic record.
– Be available to study in Russia from September 2017 (no extensions will be allowed).
– You must demonstrated interest in Russia and commitment to the development of South Africa.
– Applications from all qualified candidates in any field will be accepted, but priority will be given to applications for postgraduate studies, previously disadvantaged applicants and applicants in the
– All students must meet the minimum academic requirements for entry into a similar programme at a South African university.
Guidelines for education achievements:
Doctoral degree – Hold a university degree (minimum Master’s degree)
Master’s degree – Bachelor’s degree (honours) (a minimum of 65% average in prior studies is recommended)
Bachelor’s degree – National Senior Certificate (or equivalent) with a university entrance (a minimum of 60% average is recommended)
How To Apply?
In order to apply for these scholarships, please visit the DHET website for more details.