To optimise opportunities to achieve sales and client services objectives aligned with the Financial objectives of the Business Unit.
Key Performance Areas:
Met Service Objectives:
- Identify and obtain required knowledge, tools and systems equipping self to provide trusted financial advice and build trusting relationships.
- Improve customer service experience by responding to issues raised through customer feedback and displaying desired behaviours accordingly.
- Provide world class service to internal and external clients by engaging, listening, understanding the client’s needs, delivering on requirements within process and procedures; and providing feedback to clients to meet their needs.
- Ensure knowledge of and adherence to stakeholder service level agreements (SLA) when interaction with relevant stakeholders is required.
- Ensure complaints are resolved or escalated within SLA to build relationships, trust and achieve sales and service objectives.
- Arranging required consumer education initiatives to educate clients on products / services offerings and build relationships.
- Ensure that customers needs are explored and understood by conducting needs analysis, while engaging the client to ensure all client’s needs are met and recommendations made regarding further relevant Nedbank offerings to retain and grow clients.
- Educate and guide clients in terms of after sales servicing and maintenance on products sold, in anticipation of future needs to increase client satisfaction and efficiencies.
- Take ownership of all queries, complaints, issues and compliments raised and referred and ensure resolution and service by the relevant party.
- Keep abreast of competitor and Nedbank sales campaigns, strategies and marketing initiatives, by reading communications and attending sessions, to focus on the relevant Nedbank events and counter offers to reach sales targets.
- Position relevant Nedbank offerings compared to industry offerings in order to retain and grow existing/potential client base.
- Collaborate and participate in Nedbank cross channel initiatives to support other business units, and identify cross channel sales opportunities to achieve the business units sales objectives.
- Analyse own sales achieved vs. targets to identify gaps to focus on to reach sales targets.
- Analyse relevant sales and other reports to identify cross sales opportunities within client base, contact clients and recommend relevant cross product / service to increase sales.
- Act on leads generated and sent to you via leads systems (CRM and CMS) to achieve sales targets.
Managed Internal Processes:
- Keep abreast of changes to relevant regulations, rules, processes and policies to mitigate risks.
- Ensure correct and completed manual and online documentation is submitted for initiated sale to minimise risks, delays and (RTS – return to sender).
- Understand and comply with all audit, operational and legislative requirements and system updates to mitigate risks.
- Receive escalations from various systems and take corrective action in terms of data errors, missing documents and timelines out of SLA.
- Supply data for input into relevant reports and tracking tools relating to daily activity/productivity, pending sales
- Utilise tracking tools to measure progress against total sales, cross selling targets and primary usage of products sold (quality sales) against quality sales targets.
- Attend and provide input and or feedback into sales strategy meetings by providing ideas, feedback in terms of how to achieve individual and team target.
- Participate in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (eg. Surveys) contributing to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals.
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (eg. Green Strategy).
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and add value to Nedbank.
- Act as a Brand ambassador by displaying appropriate behaviour and Nedbank values.
- Ensure self is competent in terms of role expectations and requirements as well as compliance requirements, to meet performance objectives.
- Create and manage own career through guidance and support of manager, department and colleagues.
- Create a High performance culture by encouraging team work and motivating colleagues to achieve more effective results.
- Ensure passing of relevant regulatory FAIS standard examinations to remain Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services act (FAIS) accredited.
- Keep abreast with knowledge of new products or changes to existing products and ensure completion of product assessments to gain accreditation, which allows you to do a proper needs analysis when recommending a product.
- Analyse own competency and identify gaps for development based on self analysis, feedback and interaction with Team Leader, colleagues and clients.
National Diploma in Banking/ Financial/Marketing
FAIS certification / registration mandatory
Job Related Experience:
Selling financial products
Sharing information in different ways to increase others’ understanding
Working in a team
Working with customers to solve customer problems
Conducting a needs analysis
1 – 2 years sales experience
Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external customers and vendors
Conducting gap analysis
Creating a sales plans
Nedbank policies and procedures
Governance, Risk and Controls
Relevant product knowledge
Business writing skills (creating reports, documents, presentations and content)
Relevant regulatory knowledge
Nedbank Vision and Strategy
Sales data analysis
Service quality standards
Managing Work (includes Time Management)
Sustaining Customer Satisfaction
Expanding and Advancing Opportunities
Required Industry Acumen:
Number Of People Reporting Directly Into Job:
Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services (FAIS) Act
Occational to regular local travel
Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups and suitable internal candidates in line with Nedbank’s policies.