The Wholesale and Retail SETA (W&RSETA) hereby invites applications from learners who have successfully completed W&RSETA Learnerships at NQF level 4 or 5 and are eager to further their studies at Higher Education Institutions.The W&RSETA has identified as one of its strategic objectives the need to support learners that have successfully completed W&RSETALearnershipsby offering them bursaries to further their studies thus addressing Output 188.8.131.52 of the National Skills Development Strategy. Learners must have completed the W&RSETA’s NQF 4 or 5 Learnerships and could currently be in employment or unemployed.
The W&RSETA has made available 1000 bursaries and are available to:
• 500 bursaries employed learners and 500 unemployed learners.
• Learners whoare enrolled on a full-time or part-time programme at any South African public university
• Learners who have been admitted to study at their preferred institution.
• The duration of the qualification should not exceed 4 years.
This Bursary is restricted to learners who enroll in the following qualifications related to the Wholesale and Retail Sector which seek to address any of the following Scarce Skills identified in the W&RSector Skills Plan:
• Human Resource Management (specialisation in Training and Development);
• Marketing and Sales;
• Operations Management in Retail Management
• Retail Management;
• Food Technology;
• Purchasing Management (Buyers and Planners);
• Information Technology; and
• Supply Chain Management.
Applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
• An updated CV (with contact details etc.);
• A copy of the W&RSETA NQF 4 or 5 certificate;
• A copy of the Matric certificate or equivalent qualification
• Proof of University admission; and
• A completed application form which is obtainable on the W&RSETA website or the W&RSETA Head office and regional and offices.
All applications must reach the W&RSETA on or before the closing date. For more information about this bursary please contact Ms. Lebo Mphake on 012 622 9500 or you can make use of our free sms line, 30909 to forward your contact details (the W&RSETA will then contact you).