GIBB bursaries programme is now open. Applications from individuals who want to pursue a career in engineering fields of study. Because students applicants are expected to follow application guideline, below is an overview of this bursaries scheme and what it offers to students.
GIBB Bursaries Available
- Cost of tuition at any university in South Africa
- Travel costs where applicable
- Accommodation where applicable
- Vacation employment
Bursary Application Process
- First of all, students must be South African citizens with a valid ID Book / Card.
- Another requirement is that students must be studying towards an Engineering Degree, Honours or
- Masters, with specialisation in the following disciplines: Civil, Electrical, Rail and Roads.
- Students must also have successfully completed their 1st year of study.
- For students in University 2nd, 3rd year, Honours or Masters, studying in one of the fields mentioned above need to maintain a 60% average to apply.
You must attach certified copies of the below documents in order to be considered:
• Matric Certificate
• Full tertiary academic record
GIBB Bursaries Contract Obligation
Due to lack of employment in South Africa, students may be employment at any GIBB office in South Africa.
Secondly, practical training may be offered, as required by the university, will be provided where possible during winter and/or summer vacations.
Thirdly due to high bursary demand the tenure of the bursary is subject to good academic progress. Should a bursary holder’s academic results fall below an average of 60%, the continuance of the bursary may be reviewed.
In conclusion students must take note of the closing date for bursaries which is the 31 August 2017.
How To Apply for GIBB bursaries for 2017?
Finally please apply online.