Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority is based in Centurion, Pretoria and is a state owned company involved in the development of bulk water supply. The positioning of the company in the market is that it wants to be a leading company that supply water in a sustainable manner. At the centre of what TCTA is doing lies water security component which is very important in the development and supply of water in their region.
The TCTA was established with the purpose of facilitating the Lesotho Highlands Project of water. Among other things that this company does is project management, project design, knowledge management, debt management, treasury, infrastructure implementation and to raise project finance mechanisms.
TCTA Bursary Offer
TCTA is awarding ten bursaries opportunities to applicants who are able to prove that they are from previously disadvantaged families but have a potential to complete their tertiary education.
TCTA bursary opportunities are availed in the following career options:
- BSc or BEng in Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Controls & Instrumentation)
- BSc in Environmental Law
- BSc in Environmental Management
- BSc in Environmental Science
TCTA Bursary Obligation
Upon competition of above mentioned studies, students are expected to join TCTA under internships programme for two years. This is only applicable if there are positions that are open in the company.
The bursary will assist students with the following: registration cost, books, tuition, accommodation at the residence, meals allowance and living allowances. The bursary is allocated on year to year and students are expected to submit their academic reports and request renewal.
Who Can Apply for TCTA Bursary?
- Citizens of South Africa
- You must be under the age of 35
- You must have been issued an ID
- Possess Matric certificate
- Must have received a minimum of 60% pass mark for all subjects in Matric
- Students current at University must have achieved a minimum pass mark of at least 65% in main subjects
- Be able to prove that your income will not afford your tertiary education expenses
For your TCTA bursary application to be considered, applicants need to include the following documentation when returning their applications:
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy of your Matric certificate
- University academic record (for students already in tertiary institutions)
- Proof of admission into university
- Bursary motivation letter stating why you think you should be considered
How To Apply?
TCTA bursary applications must be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org