Barloworld Bursaries (2018 – 2019)
The Barloworld bursaries scheme aims to assist successful applicants fund their university studies, in fields related to the core business of Barloworld.
Barloworld was formed in South Africa in 1902 as a distributor of top global brands. The company’s core business lies in Equipment and Handling, as well as Automotive and Logistics. Today Barloworld are operating in 24 countries across the globe.
Barloworld Bursaries Options
Bursaries are awarded within the following fields of study:
IT/ Computer Sciences (BSc)
Industrial Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
Mechanical Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
Mining Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
What Does This Bursary Cover?
The bursary will cover the following expenses
prescribed textbooks and
Who Can Apply?
Applicants must meet the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
South African citizen,
Studying full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study,
Studying at a recognised University/ University of Technology in SA,
Passed all courses/ subjects in the June-July exams (in the current year of study),
From a previously disadvantaged background,
Black student (Coloured, Indian, Chinese or African).
You must include the following when you return your bursary application form:
- A copy of your June/July 2018 exam results or an appropriate progress report if no examination was written.
- If you did not study this year, send a copy of your latest exam results together with an explanation of what you were doing this year. The exam results play a determining role in the selection process.
- Although OBE symbols are acceptable, it is recommended that the actual percentages obtained per subject in school reports be submitted, if available.
- Tertiary students have to request an academic record and include it herewith.
- All applicants who have already completed Matric must include their Matric results together with their latest tertiary (June/July 2018) results if already studying at a tertiary institution. NB!
- This is compulsory for all tertiary students.
- A letter of recommendation from the parent/guardian.
- A testimonial from a responsible educational official (e.g. your principal or lecturer). Use the testimonial form provided (section 5) or attach suitable testimonial.
- Write an essay on your life on the included form (section 6). Use additional pages if necessary. This essay must be written by you personally.
- Attach a copy of your South African ID to the application form.
Bursary Application Direction
Students who meet the minimum eligibility criteria, can apply in writing to:
The Barloworld Education Trust
PO Box 782248
Bursary Contact Person
Tel: 011 445 1155 / 1600
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org