The SARS bursary are aimed at providing financial assistance to previously disadvantaged students and learners with potential for success in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
About SARS Bursary
Students who are studying in areas that SARS deems as critical skills areas e.g. (Audit, Legal, Finance, ICT, Accounting, Economics, etc) will be selected against pre-set criteria from selected HEIs.
Who Can Apply for Sars Bursary?
SARS bursary opportunities are made available depending on the needs to deserving students in areas of study that is aligned to the organisation’s objectives and mandate.
- You must be a South African citizen
- Have to have completed Matric OR currently in Matric in 2018
- You must be intending to study in one of study fields that qualify for the bursary
- Be enrolled in a recognised institution of higher learning
- Be able to prove that you need financial assistance
- If you are in Engineering/ Geology/ Science you must be able achieve a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics and Science
- Accounting degree students must have achieved a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics
Sars Bursary Categories
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Mine Survey
- Mining Engineering
- Information Systems
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
How to apply?
SARS will work with various universities to set up a process to manage the advertising of opportunities.
For further queries on SARS bursary, contact the SARS Pipeline Development programme on email@example.com.